Sorry, this page is not developed yet.
I no longer have any fork-mount telescopes. However, I have had two, so I will eventually write up a basics page based on the memory of the setup techniques required.
It will be
- Put the mount in reference position
- Do the computer’s multi-star alignment
- Align the finder
Also, mention the concept of equatorial wedge
- What problem they are trying to solve (eliminating field rotation for astrophotography)
- How to set up and align them (i.e. treat them like equatorial mounts)
- Pros and cons and why I don’t care for them