Shannonville is the second-nearest track facility for motorcycles. If you’re heading there to watch the races, for a track day, or for a track school such as FAST, here is a good route. It avoids the mind-numbing 401, is interesting and moderately twisty, but doesn’t add too much to the travel time. About two hours from Ottawa, including brief coffee stops.
- Follow the instructions to go to Perth, then follow the instructions to go from Perth to Kingston through Westport, and get South bound on regional road 10.
- After you pass through Perth Road Village on regional road 10, watch for a right turn marked “regional road 5”. It’s one of the few turns around, so it’s hard to miss. (If you come to a fairly built-up town called Inveraray you’ve gone too far.) Turn right, East, onto regional road 5.
- Go through Sydenham and Harrowsmith. Jog left (South) slightly at Harrowsmith, highway 38, and continue West on regional road 4.
- At Yarker, jog left (South) slightly and continue West on regional road 1.
- Now stay on road 1 forever. It ends up at Napanee. Follow the signs to remain on road 1 through Napanee while it parallels the 401 for a while. At Marysville #1 merges with Highway 2. Keep going West, and the Shannonville Motorsport Park is on the right a few Km West of Marysville. Marysville has the closest gas station to the track.